10 Things I Miss Most From my Mom’s cuisine
I started this blog by writing on my mom's culinary skills and the magic touch she adds to her recipes. But then missed out on mentioning the favorite dishes my mom prepares.
I would like to thank Aparna, as it was so nice of her to tag me to this meme world.
Even now, when I plan to go home, the first thing would be to call up my mom and give her the list of recipes I covet to eat. And as always she ends up preparing all those mouth-watering dishes for me and serves it with more love. Its just not her recipes that i miss...its her that i miss the most :(.
There is a long list of recipes that I crave for, prepared by my mom. But then the meme is about 10 dishes. So here they go
- Palada Prathaman - Its one of my favorite payasam. I would call it Divine Nectar. For this payasam, pieces of flour paste (ada) are boiled in milk and sweetened with sugar. No ghee or spices are added except some cardamoms.
- Pathiri & Eirachi curry –Breakfast cant get better when my mom prepares pathiri with eirachi curry.
- Crab Curry – Crab cooked in coconut milk.
- kalumae kai (Mussles) Fry – Though we don’t get to eat them regularly, it tastes fabulous.
- Fish Fry & curry – Just can’t stop eating all the varieties of fish fry and fish curry that mom prepares.
- Mutton Liver Fry – Wow! Real lip smacking recipe, where she fries mutton liver marinated in pepper.
- Chicken Biriyani – Cooked in pressure cooker, the taste is incredible.
- Kesari – A sweet dish made from suji, milk and sugar.
- Pickles – Wow! just cant wait to get the highly spiced Mangoes, Ginger Mango, Garlic pickles bottled to take it back with me.
I have tried to prepare all the above recipes, but seldom does the taste come closer to that of my mom’s.
I would likeIndianadoc and Kirthika to write a few words about thier mom's cooking.